updated 4 September 2018
Pielke Jr., R. (2018). The Rightful Place of Science: Disasters and Climate Change, 2nd Edition (ASU/CSPO). (Amazon)
Pielke, Jr., R. and E. Boye, (2018, submitted). Scientific Integrity and Anti-Doping Regulation, International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics.
Pielke, Jr., R., R. Tucker and E. Boye, (2018, submitted). Serious Problems Found in a Partial Replication of Bernier and Garnier (2017), British Journal of Sports Medicine. (PDF)
Pielke, R. (2018). Assessing Doping Prevalence is Possible. So What Are We Waiting For?. Sports Medicine, 48(1), 207-209.
Klotzbach, P. J., Bowen, S. G., Pielke Jr, R., & Bell, M. (2018). Continental United States hurricane landfall frequency and associated damage: Observations and future risks. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, July:1359-1377.
Weinkle, J. and R. Pielke, Jr. (2018). Weather and Climate Damage Studies, Oxford Bibliographies: Geography, DOI: 10.1093/OBO/9780199874002-0194.
Pielke, Jr. R. (2018). Weather-related natural disasters 2017: Was this a reversion to the mean?, Risk Frontiers (HTML)
Pielke, Jr., R. (2018). IAAF Opens up on Testosterone: Some Reactions, Sports Integrity Initiative. (HTML)
Pielke, Jr., R. (2018). A Call for Bermon and Garnier (2017) to be Retracted, Sports Integrity Initiative. (HTML)
Pielke, Jr., R. (2018). Science Communication as Intellectual Hospitality, The Honest Broker. (HTML)
Pielke, Jr., R. (2018). Donald Trump isn’t waging war on science. He just doesn’t care, The Guardian. (HTML)
Pielke on Climate #8 (link)
Pielke on Climate #9 (link)
Pielke on Climate #10 (link)
Pielke on Climate #11 (link)
Pielke on Climate #12 (link)
Pielke on Climate #13 (link)
- Scientific Authority and Political Myth, May 2018, Lyon, France
- How University Faculty Can Help Fix College Athletics, April 2018, Boulder
- Extreme Weather and Climate Change: Science and Politics, May 2018, Tokyo, Japan
- Seven Things Everyone Should Know About Climate Policy, June 2018, Tokyo, Japan
- Extreme Politics and Extreme Weather, April 2018, University of Minnesota
- Misusing the Future, February 2018, Tokyo, Japan